Monday, October 27, 2014

A Fresh Start




It has been a while---and let me tell you a lot has happened in just over a month.  Let me start at the beginning...last year I spent the entire year applying for other teaching/administrator jobs---I decided that I wanted a little change and with the year that unfolded on me it was a blessing I did not take any of the three positions I was offered, but I was looking.  I was offered two Director positions...one in San Fran and the other up North as well and the final one was for a local center.  I was thrilled, but I was kept here thankfully...the week of September 15th I received a phone call from the local preschool center asking if I could meet with them to discuss a possible opening.  I was hesitant at first seeing that the interview process took nine months for them to make a decision, but I agreed to meet to see what the call was all about...the 19th comes around and we have our meeting and I was offered a position to be the Director of the center.  After a lot of thought and contemplating I decided that it would be in my best interest professionally as well as personally to make the move....but that meant leaving my babies that I have grown to love--all 31 of them--I gave my current school my 30 day notice and here it is the last three days of teaching...I will no longer be a teacher at all---I am thrilled with the decision I have made, but at the same time I am one nervous nelly...I have been a director before, but all seven years I have also taught so this is a huge change for me---I have just under 20 staff members that I am responsible for and 140 families to take care of...this is kind of a big deal---I am so excited, but today it hit me that I will never create a lesson plan again or create an activity to actually use with my own class---that is a hard thing to grasp when the past 11 years have been spent teaching and creating--I know that personally this choice to leave my current school is long over due, but it is still harder than I thought- I just hope that it will all be worth it in the end and that life can restart for me after such pain and heartache these past few months--I am ready to live again--

No comments:

Post a Comment