Thursday, April 7, 2011

TGIO (Thank God It's Over) My Day That Is!!!


The Very Hungry Caterpillar


We used this as our sequencing chart. I read the story to the kids and then they sequenced the order of events. I had a small caterpillar and a large one as well. Just no picture of them.



After we read the story the children completed a AB Pattern exercise and created caterpillars.








We used coffee filters and the children took markers and drew different pictures on them. We then took a spray bottle and sprayed a bit of water allowing the colors to spread.







I took the coffee filters and scrunched them up and took a pipe cleaner and made antennas. Then we glued it to a popsicle stick.







This is our Spring Tree. We added the caterpillars that we made out of egg cartons. The kids really had fun with this.








In other news I have had a week from hell. It started off with a call that no teacher ever wants to make and has ended with a conference with a mother and the principal to discuss her 4 year old son. This week this child has managed to throw a rock, punch a child and urinate on another child's leg. I thought I was going to loose it today. Spring break cannot come fast enough and I still have two weeks before I even get to breath.




No comments:

Post a Comment