Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The shit I hear!!

So, today I was waiting for a child in the bathroom and she informed me that she once ate 100 pastas. I pretended to be amazed at the fact and told her that was cool and a lot of pastas to eat. She then proceeded to tell me that after that her poop was slimy and stinky. I have to say that I could not have lived without her telling me this. Dear God, at least I spend most of my day laughing. I am very blessed for that.

I have to admit, I did nothing at work today. We are celebrating Catholic Schools Week and we had clean the campus day, which took only 30 minutes, but I still feel like I taught my students nothing today. We literally played all day, and I have to say they and I both loved it. By far the best day this week. Even though it is only Tuesday, it feels like I have been at work for an entire week due to my new student. Today I asked him to throw his snack away and he threw it right out the door on the floor. I just stood there confused. He walked right past the trash can to throw it outside. He then proceeded to make it out the front gate and I literally had to grab him by his shirt. I felt terrible, but it was this or running in the street. I am asking for patience and strength until he understands the concept of school. I just hope I walk away a stronger, more patient teacher than I was at the beginning of the school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment