Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sea Shells and Ocean Bags


So today in class we completed a few ocean themed activities. For the first activity I found a song online called 5 Little Sea Shells. I then copied it onto a paper for the children to take home to their parents. I think it is very important that parents play a vital role in their child's education. This is an easy way for my parents to be involved with the activities that we complete in class. At the bottom of the paper I explained that they can sing the song with their children.


This is the worksheet that I created for the children to color and cut out. They then glued their shells to popsicle sticks.








This is the finished product. We then sang the song and they all took away the amount of shells that was asked!








For our second project we took a zip-lock bag, sand, a shell, shaving cream, and blue food coloring. The children placed the sand and shell inside the bag and then I placed the shaving cream and the blue food coloring inside and sealed it shut. The children then squished it all around making an Ocean in a Bag!!!





This was the finished project. Sorry it is blurry. The kids had so much fun doing this!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment