Friday, February 4, 2011

Meet the Teacher

Hey there...I am super excited about the Meet the Teacher. I just recently started a blog after so much time I spent getting to know everyone else. I became obsessed with reading teacher blogs. It is very addicting.
I have been teaching Pre-Kindergarten in Los Angeles California for the past seven years. Holy Cow!!! I love my job. I love my little ones. I was born and raised in the valley of Los Angeles, called the San Fernando Valley, and have never left. I swear that I will one day move to Chicago, but have not made it there yet. I work in a Catholic School, Saint Ferdinand, and it is my first year with this school. I have opened two Preschools for Elementary Schools as well.

Now for the Q & A

Q: What would you be doing if you weren’t a teacher?
A: If I was not a teacher...I honestly do not know. I would have to say I think I would like a job that involved travel.

Q: What are your hobbies?
A: Well, teaching is a hobby of mine. It sucks up most of my time. Everywhere I go I think about what I can use in my classroom. I also like to scrapbook, which I have put on the back burner.

Q: When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A: I always knew I was going to be a teacher. There was never a doubt as I spent many hours under our staircase, playing teacher with my dolls lined up at their desks.

Q: What are your guilty pleasures?
A: Oh cheese for sure. I can eat a block of cheese in a second. I also love ranch dressing. I can put ranch dressing on anything.

Q: What is your biggest fear?!
A: This one is simple Ink. I just can's handle having ink on my body. I can paint and get messy, but I need to wash it immediately after. Strange for a preschool teacher, but good for my mom and no tattoos!!

Q: When you’re on vacation, where do you like to go?
A: I love going to Chicago. I really try to get there as much as I can. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE Vegas. I LOVE it. Have I mentioned that?!!

Q: What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?
A: Stay true to my heart. If you believe in something do not let others change your perception on things. Be honest.

Q: What do you value most in others?
A: I value honesty the most in people. If you are honest things always tend to work out much better than when not.

Q: If you could choose one of your personality traits to pass down to your kids, what would it be?
A: Umm...this is a hard one. I think I am funny with my students. I know that they leave each day with a happy story to tell about school and that is something that I really enjoy. They laugh at me and all my silly.

Q: If you could have lunch with anyone in the world….living or dead…who would it be?
A: I would have to say my mother. She is alive and she too is a Pre-Kindergarten Director, as myself. I do have lunch with her all the time, but I love to learn from her and get ideas and suggestions on how to be a better teacher. She is amazing. Celebrity wise, I would like to eat lunch with Sandra Bullock.

One random thing about myself...

I have had the pleasure of working on two movies. My father is a Construction Coordinator and has worked in the entertainment industry since he was 20 years old. He was kind enough to hire me to work on two movies he was working on; Million Dollar Baby and Gran Torino (name in the credits). It was fun and allowed me to travel to Europe for 6 weeks!! Thanks Dad!!

1 comment:

  1. I like to think I'm funny with my students too :)

    So jealous of your movie work and traveling to Europe!! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete