Wednesday, January 26, 2011

First Attempt

Ok, so I jumped on the bandwagon and started a blog. I am very excited and a bit nervous. I am excited to be able to share all of the things that I am doing in my classroom. My little kiddos work very hard each day. We are always on the go from the first bell to the dismissal bell, with a short nap in the middle.
A little bit about me.
I have been teaching Pre-Kindergarten/Preschool for the past eight years. Holy Cow that is a long time!!! As soon as I graduated high school I became a teacher's assistant and from there was given the opportunity to teach Preschool. I taught at Saint Catherine of Sienna for five years and after my first year teaching I became the Director of the Preschool Program. That was a huge honor. I decided that after five years it was time to change it up a bit and I decided to move to a school in East Los Angeles where I was given the opportunity to open a Preschool for Immaculate Conception School. I was hired in April and it took me almost a full year to become licensed and have everything finalized. As the school year finished I was given another chance to open and run a preschool in the San Fernando Valley where I am currently employed, Saint Ferdinand School. I have to say that I am in love with what I do. I really never thought I could love anything this much, but I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment